Skip to main content

Hillary Clinton Is in the News...Again!

    Well, Hillary Clinton is in the news again.  The FBI has recommended to the DOJ that they not prosecute Hillary Clinton because, though our former Secretary of State was careless in violating laws about handling classified information, she did not do so with any sort of criminal intent.  The head of the DOJ had formerly conceded that she would accept the recommendations of the FBI (and others within her own department) due to a shady conflict of interest situation, so it looks official--Hillary ain't even getting a slap on the wrist!  The language is really mind-blowing.  Director Comey described Clinton's actions as "extremely careless," but saw no need for charges to be filed.

    Let's take a step back.  It's obvious that Republicans are looking for ammo against their political enemy.  Much of the hullabaloo surrounding this case can be directly linked to Hillary running for office.  Her crimes (she clearly committed illegal acts--knowingly or not) are not unprecedented by any stretch of the imagination as two of her predecessors did basically the same thing.  What's the difference?  She's a Democrat while they were Republicans?  Nope.  The difference is that only Hillary is asking you to make her the next President of the United States of America!  Imagine this...our country will probably elect a woman who has been described, at best, as extremely careless with classified information.  That either means that she's incompetent or that she just doesn't care. Which do you think would best fit a career politician?  You're right--both.  This case deserves more scrutiny because her career path marches forward, while the other two Secretaries of State have faded away into relative obscurity.  Her crimes are more pertinent to the future of our country, though, as we'll see, all crimes should be prosecuted.

    So what have we learned?  First of all, we've learned that the ruling elite in our country play by a different set of rules.  Need proof?  Look no further than the general reaction from Hillary's party. They've basically said, "So what?  Everybody does it!"  That sort of logic reminds me of my four-year-old daughter.  When I reprimand her being for mean to her sister (which I have to do quite often), she will commonly reply with, "But she did it to me first!"  My response is always the same, "Genesis, I don't care what Galilee did.  You're not allowed to [fill in the blank] her!"  What I am saying is that politicians in Washington D.C. have the same sense of logic (not to mention the moral compass) as my four-year-old.  I don't care what other Secretaries of State did.  Hillary Clinton broke laws.  That's what should be discussed.  If you're best defense is, "Well, Bush's administration did it!" then you're in big trouble!  If you don't want to enforce laws, then take them off the books.  If they actually serve a purpose, then enforce them!  

    Secondly, we've learned that in our nation's capital incompetence and negligence are not viewed as criminal, or really even as being bad enough to render someone unfit for office.  That's what happens when we turn politics into a popularity contest.  Actually managing the affairs--domestic and international--of this country take a back seat when we're just trying to get our guy/gal in office. Professional election winners end up condescendingly laughing off suggestions that they be held accountable for their actions because, well, no criminal intent could be found.  Ignorance of the law is no excuse, except for when you're a politician.  We can't read Hillary's mind (or most of her emails!), but what we can do is look at the facts.  She is, at best, criminally negligent.  Then again, she's just another career politician.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again.  If you vote for a woman like Hillary Clinton, you're just plain dumb.  She has consistently waffled on positions.  She's come across as a rich elitist in all of her attempts to seem like one of the common people.  She is "married" to Bill Clinton, folks!  Her tenure as our Secretary of State was marked by negligence and incompetence.  If you find that resume to be appealing, I'm sorry for you and I'm sorry for this country.

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Reasons I Affirm Paedocommunion

If you have interacted with me on social media, you know that I have always been outspoken on the issue of Paedocommunion .  It is a theological position and a liturgical practice about which I am passionate.  Having been raised, and having raised my children, at the Table, I cannot imagine attending a church that didn't allow PC.  I hope that when I am old and gray, I will still be an advocate for bringing little children to the Sacrament. Throughout the 12 years that I have had this blog, I have written scattered thoughts on the topic, but it appears that I have never written a concise summary of my reasons for affirming PC.  I was thoroughly convinced that I had, but I can't seem to locate it, so I guess I never did.  So, to rectify the omission, here are four reasons I hold to PC. 1) Paedocommunion is Biblical.   Any discussion of the topic should start here, and I would hope that both sides of the debate would make this assertion.  However, let me clarify what I mean when

1 Corinthians, the Covenant Hermeneutic, & Paedocommunion

As an adherent to Paedocommunion  (hereafter PC), I have always found it painfully ironic that Credocommunionists use 1 Corinthians 11 to withhold children (among others) from the Table.  One can imagine St. Paul shaking his head as he watches theologians using his discussion of unity at the Table to divide the body at the Table.  You're missing the point! he would say in exasperation.  Not only does 1 Corinthians 11 not forbid PC; I would go so far as to say that there is no better defense of PC in the New Testament than the epistle of 1 Corinthians. Credocommunionist logic is pretty straightforward.  1 Corinthians 11:28 says, "Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup."  If, they argue, one is unable to fulfill the exhortation to examine himself, then he may not eat of the bread and drink of the cup.  This is a pretty logical deduction, right? Credobaptists would adamantly agree.  Acts 2:38 says, "Repent and be baptized...&quo

Why do you go to church on Sunday?

Why do you go to church on Sunday?  I would assume there are many reasons, but what is the primary reason that you get up on a cold, snowy Sunday morning and get your butt to church?  Further, why has the Church of Jesus Christ consistently gathered together on Sundays (among other days) for the last 2000 years? Throughout my 34 years of church attendance I would have proffered a variety of answers to that question.  As a child I'm sure I went to church because I had to, to see my cousins (who happened to be my best friends), to get bread and wine (weekly communion for the win), etc.  As my faith matured in adulthood these reasons remained, hopefully deepening, but to them were added concepts like rest and theological training. As I moved into Anglicanism I was struck by the deliberate focus on worship .  Why do Christians gather on Sunday morning?  To worship God!  Are teaching and fellowship important?  Absolutely!  Are they aspects of worship?  Certainly!  Is either the primary