Skip to main content

Why I am not Voting for Joe Biden

I recently shared why I am not voting for Donald Trump because, as a conservative who often criticizes the Left, some people might get the impression that I am a Trump supporter.  Lest there is any misinformed individual out there who took my rejection of Trump as an endorsement of Biden, here is why I am not voting for Biden.

My reasoning is simple, really.  

I am a Christian.  

I am a conservative.  

I believe leaders should be honest.  

I believe in freedom and equity for all people.  

I am distrustful of the American aristocracy.

If you agree with those statements, you should not vote for Joe Biden.

Joe Biden, if he stands for anything at all, stands against everything that the historic Christian Church has taught.  He vocally supports abortion and the LGBT agenda, which should be enough to keep any Christian from voting for him.  He is not a Christian, nor is he a friend to the Christian Church.

Joe Biden has embraced the most progressive positions possible.  I am willing to admit that, always the consummate politician, Joe is just saying what he needs to say to get elected, but he has espoused ultra-progressive positions on nearly every issue, from the environment to abortion to economics.

Joe Biden is a liar.  As mentioned above, he will say anything his handlers tell him to say to get elected (sometimes they literally speak it into his earpiece).  Moreover, he has a well-documented history of plagiarism throughout his career.  It is mind-blowing that he has ever been elected to any office given his strained relationship with the truth.   

Joe Biden is a Statist.  If Uncle Joe believes in anyone or anything, it's Uncle Sam. Moreover, he has consistently created oppressive policies that are particularly harmful to minorities.  His campaign has made no attempt to hide his plans to increase regulation and taxes.

Joe Biden and his family are members of American's unofficial aristocracy.  If you were looking for someone who epitomizes the career politician who has spent decades living above the law, Joe is your guy.  He is everything that is wrong with politics.   

I have chosen not to vote for Donald Trump, but I can understand why many Christians feel the need to vote for him.  However, I cannot fathom how a genuine believer could vote for Joe Biden, given his personal history and political positions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Reasons I Affirm Paedocommunion

If you have interacted with me on social media, you know that I have always been outspoken on the issue of Paedocommunion .  It is a theological position and a liturgical practice about which I am passionate.  Having been raised, and having raised my children, at the Table, I cannot imagine attending a church that didn't allow PC.  I hope that when I am old and gray, I will still be an advocate for bringing little children to the Sacrament. Throughout the 12 years that I have had this blog, I have written scattered thoughts on the topic, but it appears that I have never written a concise summary of my reasons for affirming PC.  I was thoroughly convinced that I had, but I can't seem to locate it, so I guess I never did.  So, to rectify the omission, here are four reasons I hold to PC. 1) Paedocommunion is Biblical.   Any discussion of the topic should start here, and I would hope that both sides of the debate would make this assertion.  However, let me clarify what I mean when

1 Corinthians, the Covenant Hermeneutic, & Paedocommunion

As an adherent to Paedocommunion  (hereafter PC), I have always found it painfully ironic that Credocommunionists use 1 Corinthians 11 to withhold children (among others) from the Table.  One can imagine St. Paul shaking his head as he watches theologians using his discussion of unity at the Table to divide the body at the Table.  You're missing the point! he would say in exasperation.  Not only does 1 Corinthians 11 not forbid PC; I would go so far as to say that there is no better defense of PC in the New Testament than the epistle of 1 Corinthians. Credocommunionist logic is pretty straightforward.  1 Corinthians 11:28 says, "Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup."  If, they argue, one is unable to fulfill the exhortation to examine himself, then he may not eat of the bread and drink of the cup.  This is a pretty logical deduction, right? Credobaptists would adamantly agree.  Acts 2:38 says, "Repent and be baptized...&quo

Why do you go to church on Sunday?

Why do you go to church on Sunday?  I would assume there are many reasons, but what is the primary reason that you get up on a cold, snowy Sunday morning and get your butt to church?  Further, why has the Church of Jesus Christ consistently gathered together on Sundays (among other days) for the last 2000 years? Throughout my 34 years of church attendance I would have proffered a variety of answers to that question.  As a child I'm sure I went to church because I had to, to see my cousins (who happened to be my best friends), to get bread and wine (weekly communion for the win), etc.  As my faith matured in adulthood these reasons remained, hopefully deepening, but to them were added concepts like rest and theological training. As I moved into Anglicanism I was struck by the deliberate focus on worship .  Why do Christians gather on Sunday morning?  To worship God!  Are teaching and fellowship important?  Absolutely!  Are they aspects of worship?  Certainly!  Is either the primary